Monday, January 14, 2008

Shoot to the Moon!

It's time for another CCEE Monday challenge that I do with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS. On the 2nd Monday of each month my CCEE friends and I create a card for a fellow SCSer that has a fun or catchy name, we have decided to call this SCS Goofy Name Feature ... hehehe! Can you work out who our GNFS card is for this month????

If you guessed Papermoon04 then you are correct ... are directions for this card was to make a card with a moon shape on it. Any moon shape was ok, it could be half moon, crescent moon ... full moon .... I think you get the picture! But there was a twist to this card ... nothing can be easy for a CCEE challenge LOL ... the twist was that our card had to be made with only colors in the gray family ... no black ... just gray ... but we were able to use white .... phew!

I have a number of moon stamps but none that I truly wanted to be a feature of a card .... I did think about using my cricut too ... but having to use only grays I thought using the cricut would be limiting ... while I was looking through my personal catty it finally came to me as I spied my stampscape moon stamp and lakeside cabin scene which to be honest haven't been inked for a number of years. And for something different what about using stampbord to stamp my image on.

First up I stamped the lakeside cabin onto my piece of stampbord using my Stone Gray Stazon Ink pad. The moon stamp was then added to the top of the board using the same ink, dry with heat gun. I then sponged all over the board using slate adirondack ink. Once this was dry, I went over the image with a scratch knife to remove areas of gray to reveal the white underneath. Once finished it was layered to gray card to complete my card.


Recipe: Stamps: Cloud with Moon & Lakeside Cabin - Stampscapes; Verse - Lucy's Stamps
Paper: Vintage, Thunder, Smokey Bazzill Card
Other: Stone Gray Stazon Ink; Slate Adirondack Ink; Grey Eyelets; Stampbord; Scratch Knife; Photo Corner Punch

9 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This card is amazing, Frances! Wow...

Sherry Campbell said...

wow! This card is gorgeous- it must have taken forever! I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow, its absolutely amazing! I'm in awe of your talent, great job!

Sherry Cheever said...

Wow Frances! This is just FABULOUS!

Ulrica said...

Wow, absolutely amazing card!

Jana Weaver said...

Sorry, I have nothing original to say other than WOW! this is absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Leigh said...

This is a stunning card Frances. I just love it.

Linda Carson said...

WOWZER! LOVE this card!

Anonymous said...

What a tough challenge but you came through like a champ! This is fabulous!!! Great job!